Saturday, August 10, 2013

Swallow Your Pride!

My mileage is starting to bump up and this week I had to make a decision: slow down or walk/run.   I am not very fast to begin with, but I was having a hard time finishing 3 miles with out being completely exhausted!
I started out for 4 miles Thursday evening and it was a great night to run; low humidity and a light breeze.  I set my watch for a 4min/run, 2min/walk.  However while out I decided to just take it slow and easy.  It was hard to keep my pace down but I felt good and strong the majority of my run. 

4 miles:
Distance: 4.04 mi
Time: 45:49
Avg Pace: 11:21 min/mi
Elevation Gain: 115 ft

 Since I felt so much better slowing down, I decided that's just what I need to do!  So today my schedule called for 6 miles.  Humidity was high, I had one too many Margaritas last night and I was tired!!  My friend was shocked that I actually got my run in this morning, but honestly I was too!  I took Ibuprofen around 3am during the musical beds that happens nightly in our home, eagerly drank my SPARK (Advocare plug!) this morning and overall had a decent run, slow and steady wins finishes the race!! My pace was all over the place, so I know I have to get a better handle on that....

6 miles:
Distance: 6.13 mi
Time: 1:08:44
Avg Pace: 11:13 min/mi
Elevation Gain: 153 ft













































No comments:

Post a Comment