Sunday, July 21, 2013

Get to Work (Therapy Session 1)

I have been very unmotivated up to this point.  I have a half marathon in less than 12 weeks and I really don't have any desire to train...
 
Today was a perfect example: for the 2nd time this week, I have had clothes laid out and ready for the next mornings run. Once my alarm went off, I hit snooze.  Too tired, achy, stiff... 
 I am so disappointed in myself.
 
As I peruse through Pinterest, trying to find some motivation, I pick out a 12 week plan, in which I can comfortably start out at week 2. 
 
 
For whatever reason, I also decided I need to blog for motivation.  My eating as also suffered and my weight is up, thus my emotions are down.  I have determined that I am an emotional sufferer.  I eat and sleep and under stress and change, going through both of these right now! 
 
I'm bored with running.  I love it, I really do.... But this time of year it's hot, I either run really early or really late and that gets lonely and tiresome!  My favorite route last time, I almost got attacked by a dog, so I'm leery to go there.  
 
 Time is of the essence.  I learned this phrase in my real estate classes, but it holds true.  If I don't train, I regress and if I regress then my marathon (half) time will suffer and if I'm not prepared come race day then all bets are off!  How disappointing.
 
So it's Sunday, I guess I have till Tuesday to get ready and quit complaining and be thankful God has blessed me with the ability to do something many can not.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment