Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Balance

I talk a lot about "life circumstances" on this blog because that is what happens to me every single day.  When you have (2) children, a busy working husband, a new career you are trying to learn/grow, it's all about finding your BALANCE!
 
Yesterday I made an attempt to walk/run the 4 miles that was on my training schedule.  I had a battle with my mental and I ended up walking a mile and coming home.  Lil' Brother starts preschool next week and I HATE asking for help or finding someone to keep him, therefore I missed a Sales Meeting and that really ate at my conscience!  So I came home and worked as much as I could.
 
With that, I knew I needed to get that 4 miles in and since Mr. Man didn't get home until 8pm last night, this morning was my only option.  The alarm was set for 5:30am and I made it out the door by 5:40am.  It was a great run but that awful humidity finally decided to show it's face!
 
Lately I have taking it slow, but this morning I surprised myself with an overall pace of 10:12min/mile and my last 2 miles were an equal 9:58 pace.  That motivates me!!!  Remember that goal of a PR at this Half in October??  I haven't been too positive about making that goal and I still may not, but throwing runs like I did this morning lets me know that I still can do it! 

This is a prime example of why it's important to get those short runs in...all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment